Modern electronic systems can process data at very high speeds, using digital processors and circuitry operating at clock speeds in excess of 1 Gigahertz. The trend is toward digital processing immediately after digitalization of the analog domain.
High bandwidth and high speed communication busses like PCI (express) and 10 Gigabit Ethernet interconnect these components. Using high speed processors, FPGA’s and fast memories, signal processing algorithms can be implemented in real time.
The analogue components have made an impressive performance increase as well: for example in the fields of high efficiency and low noise switching power supplies, amplifiers and data converters.
Designing systems using the potential of the latest technology require specialized and trained designers assisted by modern tooling.
Chess offers years of experience designing electronic systems for high speed image and signal processing applications like communication (software defined radio), ultrasonic, radar, video and sound.
Applications cover electronics used in radar, ultra sound, X-ray and industrial inspection camera’s.
To stay a leading design centre, Chess engineers follow training in advanced subjects regularly. They are also supported by the latest Mentor Graphic tooling.
Chess offers experience in:
- 8, 16, 32 bit processors, DSP’s
- FPGA design
- Signal and Image processing algorithms in fixed and floating point
- High speed communication and busses (1 & 10 Gigabit Ethernet, PCIe, FireWire, USB, camera link…)
- Analogue circuit design for low noise, high bandwidth
- Sensor excitation, high voltage design
- Design for low power
- High efficiency power supplies
- Thermal management
- Low noise analogue circuit design
- Model based design for software (Mathworks)
- Board designs up to 22 layers